Viichi Surfers. respects your privacy. This policy explains the privacy practices of Viichi Surfers. ("Viichi") with respect to Viichi's mobile application WiFi Ally (the "Application"). It describes how Viichi collects and uses your personal information and the rights and options available to you.
In this policy, the term 'personal information' (or 'personally identifiable information') means any information that, with reasonable efforts, may be used to identify you, such as a first and last name, home address and email address.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE
When you register with the Application, Viichi may ask you to provide certain contact and personal details, such as mobile device number and e-mail address. Bear in mind that false, incorrect, or out dated information may impair Viichi's ability to provide you with the Application and to contact you when necessary.
Further information may be collected when Viichi exchange communications with you, for example, if you submit a request, contact Viichi's support team, or report a violation to the abuse team.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU SHARE
The Application is based on users' locations and submissions, including user submissions made to third party Application (such as social networks) which interact with the Application upon such users' choice, all of which may include personal information. You may upload and share content, such as WiFi Scan results, Speed Tests, with other users on social media. The content that you share over social media should be treated as neither private nor confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. Therefore, you must exercise caution and common sense when submitting information. At the very least you should demonstrate the same degree of caution as when publishing personal information by means other than the Internet and cellular Application. Viichi may make certain content that you submit for posting, viewable to all Internet users.
In any event your email address or mobile device number will not be visible to others through any reports or user posts that you share or upload.
We, at Viichi, take great measures to provide you with the best experience you can have while using the Application; However, Viichi has no control over the conduct of any user, and disclaims all liability in this regard. Users are advised to carefully and thoroughly consider whether or not to make public or available any information and carefully examine all necessary details related to any communication with other users prior to any engagement or communication being made.
Participating in any user's activities as a result, directly or indirectly, from using Viichi, is entirely at your own risk. Viichi is not a party to any agreement entered into between the users in any circumstances. The user has the sole and ultimate responsibility regarding compliance with all laws, regulation or any other duty. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your participation in any activity or event initiated, held or conducted by a user or a third party nor in connection to any agreement between the users or third parties, including any activity or event related in any way, directly or indirectly, the Application or the use thereof.
LOCATION BASED AND NETWORK DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use your mobile device with a copy of the Application installed, Viichi collects your location and network diagnostic information. Viichi uses that information to provide you and other users with the Application. Viichi may make use your location and/or network diagnostic information to create aggregated anonymous data and to use such data in accordance with this policy (please refer to use of aggregated information chapter hereunder). Viichi will make commercially reasonable efforts to permanently remove or obscure your identity from your location or network diagnostic information that is used for aggregated purposes.
OPTING OUT OF LOCATION AND NETWORK DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION APPLICATION BY UNINSTALLING THE APPLICATION
At all times you may uninstall the Application, by using the Application's uninstall option, or by using the programs removal feature of your operating system. Following the uninstallation process, Viichi will not be able to collect any further location or network diagnostic information from you.
INTEGRATION WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS
You may choose to share information between the Application and your social network account (such as Facebook). Through this option, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from Viichi, including your location and submitted network information, transmitted to and shared through your social network account.
META-DATA THAT WE COLLECT
Viichi collects information about the use of the Application. For example, Viichi may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Application, the duration of your sessions, the Internet protocol (IP) address and the name of the domain that serve you to access the Application, and the geographic location of the device that you are using to log-in. Such data is usually automatically collected and stored in log files.
SURVEY SERVING TECHNOLOGY
APPLE, GOOGLE AND AMAZON ARE NOT A SPONSOR NOR ARE INVOLVED IN ANY WAY IN THIS CONTEST/DRAW. NO APPLE PRODUCTS ARE BEING USED AS PRIZES.
WHAT DOES VIICHI DO WITH YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
Viichi may use your personally identifiable information for the following purposes only:
- to operate the Application and to improve and customize your experience with the Application, as well as the experience of other users;
- to provide you with support and handle request and complaints;
- to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Application;
- to conduct surveys and questionnaires;
- to contact you when Viichi believes it to be necessary;
- to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when Viichi has a good faith belief that Viichi’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards;
- to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Application;
- to handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
- to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Application, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Application;
- For purposes provided under this policy.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
Viichi does not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties for any of their marketing purposes.
Viichi will not share your personally identifiable information with others, without your consent, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in Viichi's good-faith discretion:
- When you use the Application, when you take part in content-related activities, when it is necessary to facilitate the functionality of the Application and when it is necessary to manage and administer the Application Viichi provides;
- If Viichi reasonably believes that you have abused your rights to use the Application, or performed any act or omission that Viichi reasonably believes to be violating any applicable law, rules, or regulations. Viichi may share your information in these cases, with law enforcement agencies and other competent authorities and with any third party as may be required to handle any result of your wrongdoing;
- If Viichi is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Viichi, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Application;
- In any case where Viichi reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
- If Viichi organizes the operation of the Application within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if Viichi is acquired by, or merged into or with another entity, or if Viichi enters bankruptcy, provided however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, with respective changes taken into consideration;
- Viichi may also share personally identifiable information with companies or organizations connected or affiliated with Viichi, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies. Personally identifiable information may also be shared with Viichi's other partners and Application providers, with the express provision that their use of such information must comply with this policy.
HOW DOES VIICHI USE AGGREGATED INFORMATION?
Viichi may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information to properly operate the Application, to improve the quality of the Application, to enhance your experience, to create new Application and features, including customized Application, to change or cancel existing content or Application, and for further internal, commercial and statistical purposes.
Viichi may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Application, by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Application, to the Application' providers, partners and any other third party.
Viichi will retain location and anonymized device information for the duration it deems necessary for its reasonable business needs.
Viichi may at all times review, retain and disclose any other information as Viichi deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request and Viichi's needs and necessities. By doing so Viichi does not either expressly or impliedly endorse, affirm or in any manner assume any responsibility for such communications.
Viichi considers information security to be a top priority. Viichi implements systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although Viichi takes great efforts to protect your personal information, Viichi cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that the Viichi's databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Viichi may from time to time change the terms of this policy. Substantial changes will take effect 30 days after Viichi has posted an initial notification on the Website's homepage or any other relevant web pages. Other changes will take effect 7 days after their initial posting on the Website. However, if Viichi amends this policy to comply with legal requirements, the amendments will become effective immediately upon their initial posting, or as required.
You agree to be bound by any of the changes made in the terms of this policy. Continuing to use the Application will indicate your acceptance of the amended terms. If you do not agree with any of the amended terms, you must avoid any further use of the Application.
Last modified: Jul 17, 2015